A Glimpse of the Glover's

Monday, May 14, 2012

Cinco De Mayo

She says she is going to be in this spot every saturday selling her yummy lemonade
These two have the life....

Teaching Parker how to Bbq.  We had to test out the new grill.  You can see Parker was taking it very serious
yum
cheeser
Summer is in the air and I love it!  The first weekend in May we were able to start doing things outside and the weather has been perfect.  They have been prepping our yard and getting things ready to lay grass and we are so excited.  The concrete has been poured around the house and sprinklers will be going in shortly.  It will be so nice to have a place for the kids to play and not track in so much dirt in my house anymore.  I am pretty tired of bathing kids every time they come in from outside! We needed an excuse to have a little party and it just happened to be Cinco De Mayo weekend sooooo we busted out our finest china (paper plates) and fancy glasses (red solo cups) and had us a barbeque Glover style.  I don't have to go too far to experience the best cooked food in the world (hence my love handles). I have Jerry around and it doesn't get much better then his cooking.  Plus we had to test out the new grill I purchased for $10 at a yard sale that morning!  Yep $10 is all it took and that baby was ours. I actually have to brag a little bit because I actually found more then just a grill when I went on my yard sale adventure.  I got a grill, a couch, two end tables, a tent, an air mattress, a wrought iron patio set, a cute turquoise chair, a toy box, and a brand new tetherball set for the kids, all for a hundred bucks.  I knew the family and felt fine about getting all their hand-me-downs.  Plus I am not ashamed to be a yard sale gal... you can get some good stuff! We spent the rest of the day at the soccer fields for Chloe and Dex and then Chloe decided she wanted to make some money selling lemonade.  So she spent a good couple of hours outside and had two customers.  One of them was Jerry.  We will have to try again soon because I think she started too late in the day.  Jerry helped her make her signs and set everything up.  He even made the lemonade and also made his own signs and put them up around the neighborhood for her.  I am so grateful he is such a hands on dad and helps the kids with things that are important to them.  He is a keeper.  We spent the rest of the night enjoying being outside and letting the kids wear themselves out.  Kenna was off with friends having water fights and then came home early to hang out with us.  We are pretty cool to hang out with if I do say so myself!  It was a fun weekend and a great way to kick of the warm weather.  Love it!

No comments: