A Glimpse of the Glover's

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Press Pause Please

Never Grow Up
Well, it is the end of the school year.  We made it threw another year... I know this because my oldest daughter keeps reminding me she is no longer a freshman and at the bottom of the food chain! She also reminds me that soon she will be able to date, to drive, and kiss a lot of boys. WHAT?!? That last one is not allowed until she is atleast 25 so she better keep dreamin. I can't take it.  I do not know where the time has gone.  I keep thinking that is was not that long ago I was a freshman... I wish there was a "pause" button we could press in life, it is going by too fast.  In fact a few nights ago we were all hanging out in the living room one night listening to music and kenna decided to play the song "Never grow up" by Taylor Swift.  Not a good time for momma.  She was laying there by me on the couch, the room was quiet, it was late, and the words in that song hit me like a ton of bricks.  There was my little girl laying by me that has grown up so fast,  I can remember little baby Kenna like it was yesterday. I was trying my very best to hold back the tears, but I couldn't.  After the song was over she could tell I was crying and all I could say was don't ever grow up! I mean I was seconds away from going into the ugly cry it was so bad, it hit me hard. I guess I have to come to terms with the fact I can't stop time.  As much as I want too, my baby girl is growing up... I don't wanna hear that song for a while sheesh! So  I guess we have a Sophmore in our house now and she is pretty excited.  She finished freshman year with a 3.9 and we we couldn't be prouder.  Parker ended the year with a 4.0 and of course we are very proud of him too. Chloe made it to 3rd grade after some stress she had that she wasn't going to get the promotion because she wasn't doing her home reading as much as she should. (I had to make her worry a little she hates to read!) She was very glad to see her paper saying she can move on.  What a fun school year it has been, I wasn't ready for it to end....Bring on the Summer!



Spanish program. Little sen`orita with all the sen`iors
2nd grade program. Can you spot her?

Band concert.  Whenever he is not in the mood for a picture I get a goofy face. 


Can't forget my little man J.  He is my superman boy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am a high school English teacher. My online plagiarism tool marked this blog as a source one of my students stole part of their essay from. I have no idea what's going on.