A Glimpse of the Glover's

Monday, March 19, 2012

St Patty

St Patrick's Day was on Saturday and I would say I am not the best when it comes to celebrating this holiday.  I always just make sure the kids are wearing green and that is about it. I don't ever remember St Patty's being that big of a deal but I am going to try and do better next year.  I am learning there are a lot of cute things you can do to have fun with it. It just crept up on me this year. I had good intentions, but none of it happened.  Sorry kids.  I need to be a funner mom sometimes. I hope you still love me even though I didn't put green in everything we ate!  We did do a few fun things this weekend even though it had nothing to do with leprechauns and rainbows.  Kenna and Parker spent Friday and Saturday at Youth Conference in Bryce Canyon while I stayed home with the 3 little ones and Jerry worked for a few hours.  He had to Umpire in St George Saturday morning so we woke up early and went with him.  I was so mad I forgot my camera.  I will get a shot of him next time.  We did some shopping and headed home that afternoon.  Jerry dropped me off at Tai Pan so I could have a little breather and browse by myself while he took the kids to the store.  He told them they could get a toy because they were being good and they picked one of the worst things ever invented.  Silly String.  They were SO excited that they got to have a silly string fight when we got home.  I just shook my head  because I knew who got to clean up after the war.  Jerry was even more excited then the kids were so as soon as we got home they stood on the porch and let loose.  It was quite funny actually. You can see from the pics how the whole thing went.  James was no where to be found, it scared him to death for some reason! It was a fun filled minute and a half (that is all it lasted) for Chloe and Jerry mostly.  Dexton said "I hate that stuff" when it was over. I was cracking up.  Later that night Grandma and Grandpa Glover came over and we went to dinner.  It's always good to see them and visit with them.  On Sunday we went over to the Comps house and had dinner and listened to my cousin Hayden give a little report for the family on his mission.  It was pretty neat to have him tell us some of his experiences.  Missionaries are awesome! When we left their house and I was tucking Chloe in she said."Mom, I want to go on a mission.  I want to go see those people Hayden saw.  When can I go?" Soon enough I told her...soon enough.  Please just stay 8 years old for now.  I don't want her to grow up!
Waiting for a table
Cousin Rossi came over and spent a couple hours with us.  She is so sweet

Hangin in Kenna's room

Her favorite pal Jack

The weather was nice enough that the kids played outside for a few hours.  I think he sat and played in this for a good hour atleast.  I listened to him playing, he has the best imagination!

They made mud pies

The beginning of the war.  They are getting ready

They got attacked first

They got him back pretty good

The Silly String war is over.  Dexton's face kills me!  Just like he said, He hated that stuff!

Some of the fam after Hayden gave his report

playing with our camera, waiting for ice cream. 

2 comments:

Jana Sorensen said...

I love the pics. james has a super cute smile. i think that your a fun mom, even if you dont put green in everything they eat :) maybe someday i will be good at doing fun traditional things but i am definitly not there yet. i hope we can see you before we leave too. time is flying by too fast and it will be here before i know it. keep up the good blog work. lovin' it.

McCleary Family Fun said...

Those pictures are the best ever. I'm so glad you inspired me to do this. I love hearing about your family and seeing all the stuff you do. Thanks a bunch Casey. You and your family are beautiful. What a great bunch.