A Glimpse of the Glover's

Friday, April 6, 2012

Work and Play

This boy loves being outside
 I was starting to fall a little behind on my goal to post weekly it was stressing me out!  I wanted to get it done and I posted a little out of order.  This one was before conference, but it is ok.  At least I am gettin err done! Spring is def in the air, and the first chance we got to get outside and do a little clean-up we did.  This house hasn't had any TLC in years so we are doing our best.  I know the kids dread stuff like this, but it is seriously some of my favorite memories of my childhood.  My dad made us work and work hard in our yard when we were little and I am so grateful for that now.  We knew when dad was ready to do a "Maj" because he got us up with his whip crackin and didn't let us stop tell it was all done.  Our reward was always an order from the frostop of whatever we wanted.  I don't think food ever tasted as good as it did on those days! I mostly just loved the time I got to spend with my family while we did it and seeing the results of how good it looked when we were done. I can never spray off my driveway with a hose without thinking of my dad.... So I am carrying on the tradition of the "Cutler Maj" as much as I can. I hope my kids appreciate it someday as much as I do. The rest of this just some of the fun stuff that went on this week.  David and Taylor came up to spend one last sunday dinner with us before they take off for the summer.  They are going to Kentucky and this year Jana and Tate will be going with them.  I can't say I am not jealous of the new territory they will get to see, and all the fun times they will have, but I am SO GLAD we won't be doing that this year.  I am glad my hubby gets to stay here with us this summer, we are going to have a lot of fun! Good Luck to you cute little Vivint families anyways, we are cheering for you back home!
Trying to be happy about her chores

And there is Papa Bear teaching her the right way to do it

Practicing for baseball try-outs

posers
           Our new Fav card game.... Golf.  Dave does not love it as much as we do. Jer loved his red hot candies. Me and Tay loved it all


He still hates it.  He is a sore loser... At least his wifey is smiling. 

These two are not the most humble winners

One more group photo. 

1 comment:

McCleary Family Fun said...

Casey, I'm so glad you are doing this blog, and I love, love, love the pictures, and being able to read about what your family is up to lately. You are the best!!! It sounds like your Cedar Mountain trip was wonderful. I hope you got lots of stuff done around your home. I need to do that too. Love you Keep up the great work. I, for one, appreciate it.